Google Chrome browser is one of the most widely used web browsers today. Mainly because of its features and safer browsing experience. The app also offers dark mode, not with the third-party extension, but also with an in-built extension. Today we are going to show you how to enable dark mode on Google Chrome in all possible ways. Also Read – How to Clear Browser Cache in Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari
How to Enable Built-in Dark Mode on Google Chrome (Windows)
Chrome dark mode supports system-wide dark theme for your Windows 11 or 10 machines. To do this, just head to settings and enable dark mode on your PC/Laptop . Here are the steps. Also Read – European Parliament Passes Two Landmark New Laws to Rule Big Tech: Here’s How They’ll Affect You
1. Open Settings on your Windows PC/Laptop. Also Read – How to Change Your Password Autofill Settings on Android
2. Search Personalization and open it.
3. Press Color.
4. Now in the Choose your mode option, select “Dark”.
You can also directly access the last option by performing a search. To do this, search for color settings in the search bar of your PC/laptop and go to color settings.
After following this method, your Chrome browser will have a dark layout.
How to Enable Built-in Dark Mode on Google Chrome (Mac)
1. Click the Apple menu in the top bar.
2. Select System Preferences.
3. Press General.
4. Now in the appearance section, select “Dark”.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Google Chrome Using the Extension
1. Open Chrome on your PC/Laptop/Mac.
2. Go to chrome.google.com/webstore.
3. Here, search for a Dark theme.
4. From the displayed result, choose a theme that has a dark mode (you can try the “Dark theme for Google Chrome” extension).
4. Now click Add to Chrome and let it settle.
That’s it, your Google Chrome will now have a dark theme. This is how you can easily enable dark mode on Google Chrome browser on your PC/mac.
For smartphones, all you need to do is turn on your phone’s dark mode. On iPhones, you can access it by long-pressing the brightness control in the control center. On Android phones, you can enable it either by going to settings or by clicking on dark mode in the notification panel.