There are several reasons why you might want to block a website on Google Chrome, such as improving your productivity during working hours or preventing children from accessing explicit content.
In this article, we tell you how to block websites on Chrome for desktop, Android and iPhone.
How to Block Websites on Chrome on Desktop
2. Click Add to Chrome then click Add extension in the pop-up window to confirm.
3. Once installed, BlockSite will automatically open a new tab in Chrome. Click on I accept to accept the terms and start using the extension.
4. Click the BlockSite Icon in your extensions (located to the right of the search bar), then the gear icon to access the settings. If you don’t see the icon, click the Extensions iconthen click the pin next to BlockSite.
5. To block a website, go to the Block Sites tab. Enter the URL in the empty bar, then click Add an item.
6. Click the Schedule button to establish a blocking schedule.
7. To remove a website from the block list, click the trash can icon to the right of the URL.
Quick advice: You can also block a website by clicking the BlockSite icon when you are on a website you want to block. Click on Block this site.
How to Block Websites on Chrome on iPhone Mobile App
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Press screen timethen Content and Privacy Restrictions.
3. Press Content Restrictionsthen web content.
4. Press Limit adult websites.
5. In the never allow section, touch Add a website.
6. To block a website, enter the URL, then tap Ended.
How to Block Websites on Chrome on Mobile App for Android
1. Go to Google Play Store. Download the BlockSite app.
2. Once downloaded, open the app. Follow the onscreen prompts to allow BlockSite to access your privacy settings.
3. To block a website, click the plus sign (+) and search the website. Press to select the website, then press Ended.