Interested artists can submit their applications here or by mail using this printable form.
Registrations by mail can be sent to:
I AM A
2881 E. Oakland Park Blvd
The deadline for submission is November 5.
Rules and regulations
- Each entry must include:
- Registration form completed (or photocopy). All signatures must be original, CD containing only one song.
- Lyrics sheet (please include English translation if applicable). Lyrics are not required for the instrumental category.
- Optional press kit (artist’s bio with photo),
- Check or money order for $ 35 (US currency only). If you pay by credit card, $ 35 will be debited from your account.
- Note: If you go online, you don’t need to mail a CD, only MP3 files (or SoundCloud or YouTube videos) are needed.
- All entries must be postmarked no later than November 5, 2021.
- All songs submitted must be original. There must be at least one acoustic instrument (voice) in any song. Electric and electronic instruments, as well as loops are permitted, but acoustic instruments (or vocals) must be clearly heard in all songs submitted.
- Competitors can enter as many songs in as many categories as they want, but each entry requires a separate CD, entry form, lyrics sheet, and entry fee (for example: seven song entries would cost $ 245. One check for multiple registrations / categories is allowed. If you enter online, you do not need to mail a CD. Registration fees are non-refundable.
- This competition is open to all amateur and professional musicians and songwriters and to anyone whatever their nationality or origin.
- Winners will be chosen by a Blue Ribbon Selection Committee made up of professionals from the music industry, including A&R managers from record companies, publishers and producers. Entries are judged equally on musical performance, production, originality, lyrics, melody and composition. Songs can be in any language. Prizes will be awarded jointly to all performers and authors of the song.
- Winners will be notified by email and will be required to sign and return an affidavit confirming that the winner’s song is original and that they own the rights to the song. Failure to sign and return the form within 30 days will result in immediate disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. The winners will be determined before January 31, 2022.
- IAMA reserves the right to extend the competition deadline. By submitting an application form to IAMA, the participant agrees to be bound by the IAMA registration rules and regulations set forth herein.
Overall Grand Prize – $ 11,000 worth of merchandise.
First prizes in all categories – $ 900 of goods and services.
Prize for finalists in all categories – $ 600 in goods and services.
All first prizes and winners will receive a track on the IAMA compilation CD, which will be distributed to radio stations.
Artists can submit nominations in one of the categories below:
- AAA / Alternative
- Folk / Americana / Roots
- Best group / duo
- Best Male Artist
- Best Female Artist
- Country / Bluegrass
Show original call here.