Google search is one of the most important things we all do when using the internet. However, sometimes when we search for something on Google, many of those results are not relevant to us, and apart from that, some results are unsafe and just spam. Well, there are ways to check whether Google search results are safe or not before clicking, but you still need to know how to block certain websites from Google search results. Here are a few ways to do it.
Ways to Block Certain Websites from Google Search Results
There are ways to block search results in Google; some are built-in Google features, while others rely on Chrome extensions.
Add a filter to your search results
You can use filters in Google Search to personalize your search results. This way you can find exactly what you want and block unnecessary results. For example, you can find sites updated with the latest photos and information. Note that using these filters will not change your search parameters. Here’s how to add a filter in Google Search:
1. Open any browser like Chrome or Safari on your PC.
2. Now do a Google search.
3. On the search results page, select the type of results you want, such as All, Videos, or News.
4. Click “Tools” under the search box for more filters.
5. Now in the toolbar, select the filter and choose an option.
Report web spam in Google Search
You can also report web spam pages that help Google give you better search results by using various tricks. So if you think you’ve seen an unwanted search result that looks like spam, you can report it to Google; Here’s how:
1. Copy the URL of this webpage you want to report.
2. Now go to Google Spam report form page.
3. Paste the URL in the given box and the search query in the next box.
4. Finally, add additional comments on this page and click “Report Web Spam”.
uBlacklist Chrome Extension
Many Chrome extensions allow you to block sites from appearing in your Google search results. One such extension is uBlacklist, which blocks spam sites you specify from appearing in your search results. Here’s how you can add the extension, then the sites to block:
1. Go to Chrome web store, search for “uBlacklist” and add it to Chrome.
2. Now do your Google search, and when your search results appear, you will see a new “Block this site” button next to each result.
3. Click on it, and in the next pop-up window, click Block again.
That’s it. The site will be blocked and will never appear in your search results.
Personal Block List Extension
Personal Blocklist is another such extension that lets you add sites to the blocklist with a single click. This way you can remove unwanted websites from your Google search results. If you want, you can remove blocked websites from your block list and import/export block list. Here’s how to use it:
1. Go to the Chrome web store and add the “Personal Blocklist” extension.
2. Now do your Google search.
3. Under each search result, you will see a new blue colored text “Block (website name)”.
4. It will be added to the blocked list.
You can remove it from Chrome extensions.
Bonus Tip: Suspicious Site Flagger
There is such a Chrome extension using which you can report suspicious sites to help safe browsing. It will protect users from suspicious sites you see in Chrome. Here’s how to use it:
1. Open the Chrome web store and add the “Suspicious Site Reporter” extension to Chrome.
2. Now do your Google search and open a search result.
3. When you are on this page, you will see a notification sign on the flag icon of this extension.
4. Click on this flag and you will see the page details.
5. You can click “Send Report” to send these details to Google.
So here are the ways to block certain websites from Google search results. For more tips and tricks, stay tuned!
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Groupor for the latest review videos, subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.